AIRPORT RAMP SERVICES TRAINING
Why AIRPORT RAMP SERVICES TRAINING?
Ramp handling services ensure the efficient turnaround of aircraft so that flights stay on schedule.
This course offers an introduction to ramp services as well as the ground handling standards and safety requirements you need to know to work safely on the ramp. Whether you are new to the industry or a recent recruit, this course provides a solid foundation for further professional development in the field of ground operations.
The Airport Ramp Services objectives
• The ground operations working environment
• Standard ramp operations terminology
• The departments of an airport and how they work together
• Basic safety and security for efficient operations
• Procedures for key aircraft ground servicing tasks
• IATA Airport Handling Manual and IATA Ground Operations Manual standards.
AIRPORT RAMP SERVICES TRAINING COURSE CONTENT
• Introduction to Airport Ramp Services
• How an airport works
• Aircraft ground handling
• Aircraft loading and unloading
• Wide-bodied, containerized aircraft and dangerous goods
• Other ground handling services
• Airside safety
• Future in the industry
• Dangerous Goods: DGR cat. 8
• Aviation safety & security
• Customer Service
• Airside layout & familiarization
• Aircraft approach
• Loading / unloading aircraft
• Luggage area (arrival & departure)
• Assist aircraft services
• Graduates of this course can apply for the Havard ManageMentor(HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
• This course can be taken as part of the Leadership & Management Training Program Diploma.
• Fluent in English & French
• You are customer oriented
• You are methodical & organized
• You are motivated
• One to one monitoring
• Airport professionals as trainers
• Fully comprehensive program
• On-the-job training