AIR CARGO TRAINING PROGRAMME
Why AIR CARGO TRAINING PROGRAMME?
Upon completing this course, you will have the skills to guide clients on the IATA rules and procedures for air freight shipments.
You should be able to arrange air cargo shipments in accordance with IATA rules and procedures & by applying the published rates & charges. You shall prepare shipments ready for carriage and complete Air WayBill accurately.
This course is mandated for IATA Cargo Agents in accordance with the IATA Cargo Agency Resolutions. You will learn about basic IATA cargo rules and procedures, how freight forwarders and airline cargo units operate, plus much more.
The Air cargo training programme objectives
• Identify air cargo industry terms and expressions
• Understand specific country and carrier regulations and the use of IATA’s TACT manual
• Accept cargo consignment and utilize the procedures involved in handling special cargo
• Gain knowledge of the condition of carriage
• Complete an air waybill to IATA Standards, understand IATA Geography, TACT, OAG and other manuals
• Apply basic rating principals
• Deliver consistent quality of service to customers.
AIR CARGO TRAINING PROGRAMME COURSE CONTENT
• Overview of air cargo industry regulations
• Identify air cargo terms and Expressions
• World geography and calculation of transportation times
• Aircraft structure, layout, limitation, and Unit Load Device
• Understand how to use industry manuals to check routings
• Special load overview
• Cargo documentation
• Basic rating
• Carrier’s liability and valuation and variations
• Customer service skills.
• Dangerous Goods: DGR cat. 8
• Aviation safety & security
• Customer service.
• Discover the different areas of airport businesses
• Work with airport staff on their daily tasks
• Graduates of this course can apply for the Havard ManageMentor(HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
• This course can be taken as part of the Leadership & Management Training Program Diploma.
• Fluent in English & French
• You are customer oriented
• You are methodical & organized
• You are motivated
• One to one monitoring
• Airport professionals as trainers
• Fully comprehensive program
• On-the-job training