TRAVEL & TOURISM CONSULTANT
Why TRAVEL & TOURISM CONSULTANT?
The Travel & Tourism Consultant identifies & provides advice on popular destination countries.
The Travel & Tourism Consultant should be able to advise on the different modes of transportation, accommodation & tour products. Prospecting new & existing customers and counter sales objections is also part of his/her responsibility. Lastly, the Travel & Tourism Consultant should be able to construct complex itineraries and manage changes to ticketed journeys
To become a Travel & Tourism Consultant
The Course Travel & Tourism Consultant will teach you popular tourism destinations & improve your sales skills to successfully advise your clients on the best travel options. You will learn how to customize and construct complex travel itineraries, develop specialized knowledge of travel products and gain the skills to process ticket exchanges and reissues. Finally you will improve your sales skills to successfully turn prospect and existing customers into returning customers and learn how to understand how industry regulations affect your travel operations.
TRAVEL & TOURISM CONSULTANT COURSE CONTENT
• Destination Geography
• Land transport – rail
• Land transport – bus and coach
• Accommodation other than hotels
• Water transport – cruises
• Tour production, group and luxury travel
• Laws and regulations
• Selling skills
• Advanced journey pricing and ticketing
• Dangerous Goods: DGR cat. 9
• Aviation safety & security
• In a travel agent company or an airline GSA
• Familiarisation with travel agent duties
• Full use of Amadeus software from creating a PNR to ticket sales
• Graduates of this course can apply for the Havard ManageMentor(HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
• This course can be taken as part of the Leadership & Management Training Program Diploma.
• Diploma Foundation in Travel & Tourism
• You are customer oriented
• You are methodical & organized
• You are motivated
• One to one monitoring
• Airport professionals as trainers
• Fully comprehensive program
• On-the-job training